[recycled – and modified – Levy post]
From somewhere on the Internet, I saw these questions; I think they hold potential:
- Which of the “Facts of Life” girls are you most like?
- If you were a deodorant would you be a roll-on, stick or spray?
- Do you prefer Emmanuel Lewis or Gary Coleman?
- Would you rather have Ebola or Smallpox?
- Would you rather have bamboo shoved under your nails, Chinese water torture or your ankles chewed off by a pack of wild dogs?
- If you were a fruit/marsupial/despotic leader of a third world country/[fill in the blank], which would you be?
Questions like these are asked in an attempt to unearth some special insight into a person’s psyche as a means to ascertain fit (or perhaps mental instability).
I just think they’re asked because someone doesn’t have enough sense – or ability – to define the performance profile of the job in question. When someone asks these, all they’re doing is creating a smoke screen so people can’t see how little they know about the real job.